I have not felt very inspired to write prompts at the moment. I don’t want to write about negative things and I can’t think of anything particularly positive for this weeks topics so I decided to rather use an idea for a post that I got from author and English professor, Charles French.
If you don’t know Charles, you should go over and visit his site. He shares great ideas and tips about writing and lots of incentivisation to keep writing no matter what. He also has some excellent novels and non-fiction works.
So, on to my list of ten adult books that have influenced me, in no particular order. If you click on the link, you’ll find my review.
- The Stand by Stephen King;
- Dracula by Bram Stoker;
- Anthem by Ayn Rand;
- The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane;
- 1984 by George Orwell;
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte;
- The Shining by Stephen King;
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough; and
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
You can read Charles’ post here: https://charlesfrenchonwordsreadingandwriting.wordpress.com/2020/03/26/10-books-that-influenced-me/
What books have influenced you?