Here are the specifics for this week’s contest:
- Seasons are changing. The Theme is a funny haiku (or, more technically accurate, a senryu) about seasonal change. Spring, fall, summer, winter, autumn; whatever.
- From Wikipedia about senryu, regarding Length: “three lines with 17 morae (or “on”, often translated as syllables, but see the article on onji for distinctions).” We’re also fine with the ole 5-7-5.
- Dude; this poetry form does NOT Rhyme.
- I dunno what might be racy about nature, so a G-rating is preferable.
- Just MAKE US LAUGH. Mother Nature needs to slap your wrists with climbing roses as she holds her vinèd sides in laughter.
Leaves, leaves everywhere
I’ll persuade hubby to rake
Where’s my lingerie?
You can join in here: https://chelowens.com/2020/09/19/the-a-mused-poetry-contest-9-19-9-25-2020/